Cool PPC Keyword Generator Excel Macro + Screencast

For any interested pay per click advertisers, ppc affiliates or mildly interested Internet marketing aficionados – here’s a neat little macro for excel which generates a list of keyword permutations based on 2 lists of data (columns A and B).

Check out the screencast I made to see how you might benefit from it and how to set it up.

Here is the code itself –

Sub MyConcatenate()
Dim rng As Range
Dim LastRow As Long
Dim I As Long

LastRow = Range(“A” & Rows.Count).End(xlUp).Row

Set rng = Range(“B1”)

While rng.Value “”

Range(“C1”).Offset(I).Resize(LastRow) = “=A1 & CHAR(32) &” & rng.Address

Set rng = rng.Offset(1)
I = I + LastRow

Wend

End Sub

There’s a wide variety of uses for this, especially when generating long geotargeted lists of keywords, or when you have a long list of “keyword + {attribute}.” They’ll be grouped somewhat logically the way the macro is written so you can simply just generate some dynamic URLs using the keywords immediately after generating them if you’re sending traffic to a dynamic template.

It doesn’t name the adgroups for you but if you’re brazen enough and the keywords are similar enough you have 2,000 keywords per adgroup and {KeyWord:Is Your Friend}.

Cheers!

Jeff

Advertisements

paid search expert, sitecatalyst/omniture consultant, professional search engine optimization

Posted in keyword generator, ppc + excel, ppc bulk edit, ppc tutorial
7 comments on “Cool PPC Keyword Generator Excel Macro + Screencast
  1. Steve N says:

Looks Cool! Short and sweet. I’d rather have a tool like this on my own machine than a web based tool that the owner uses to help him self to your keywords!

2. John says:

Hi,

I’m new to macros and cannot seem to get your code to work. I keep getting error messages when I try to run it.

Is it plug and play? I was able to copy another macro and it worked fine but not yours.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!
    John

3. Jeff James says:

John,

I just copied the code straight out of my excel workbook. Maybe a character translated into the wrong character with WordPress’ WYSIWYG editor.

Check this link http://pastebin.com/m738b7ea0

it should work. Let me know,

Jeff

4. vig says:

Эта инфа мне нравится.

5. shawns says:

Super Helpful, thanks! Now I just have to figure out how to make it work for me 🙂

Wish there was sound on the screencast, but I’ll just have to watch it a few times to figure it out. Thanks again!

6. Jeff James says:

Hey Shawns,

There exists at least a million and 1 ways to accomplish this. Feel free to ping me with an particular questions you might have. I’d be happy to help if I can.

Regards,